Friday, July 24, 2009

Author I Admire IV - Khaled Hosseini

During the past year when I was dealing with personal tragedy, books became my best friend - and so did work.

I picked up and read books by various authors. Notably, I read the books by Khaled Hosseini. I have read two of his books - The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns.

I found The Kite Runner to be a better book. It has been made into into a movie and has gained enough popularity and awards.

It finds a mention on Wikipedia too.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kite_Runner

And if you are interested in the author - here's his spot on the web:
http://www.khaledhosseini.com/

His style of writing is simple.... the simplicity with which he potrays the harsh facts and tragedies in life is heart wrenching. While reading the book, one can simply close one's eyes and the entire scene as descriped by Khaled Hosseini comes to life... such is the power of his writing. His portryal of human emotions like guilt, betrayal, helplessness is stupendous.

No comments: